Austin Jensen is a research engineer at the Utah Water Research Laboratory (UWRL) at Utah State University (USU). For the last 8 years, he has played a major part in creating the unmanned aerial system (UAS) program at USU and in developing an autonomous UAS remote sensing platform called AggieAir (aggieair.usu.edu). Part of his role has been in creating and running a service center at the UWRL, which flies AggieAir regularly to capture multispectral aerial imagery for applications in precision agriculture, tracking of invasive wetlands plant species, monitoring of in-stream fish habitat, etc. The service center also focuses on processing the imagery to create orthorectified mosaics and simplified, actionable information. Austin has also played a major roll in many research areas including autopilot navigation for radio localization, processing and calibrating thermal imagery, and aircraft state estimation.
Latest Expo News
- sUSB EXPO Journal 2019
- Boomerang Carnets Drone Giveaway
- Seshu Kiran
- 2018 sUSB Expo Journal Special Edition Release!
- Jeff W Parisse
- Expo Speaker Rundown Interview with Patrick Egan Parts 1, 2, 3
- Sponsor & Speakers call to the Worlds Greatest Silicon Valley Drone Show, sUSB Expo 2017
- Rhianna Lakin to Present at the sUSB Exposition 2017
- Wings of Change
- sUSB Expo 2016 Playlist